The dawn of the scientific era has brought with it a new wave of precise, technical and systematic developments tiding the world over almost daily. It is not surprising to find substantial advancements in the healthcare sector. Everything from poor teeth hygiene and bald spots to severe skin burns, deep paper cuts to cancer, are being treated all over the world, every single day, and every passing minute. While we have exemplary hospitals and healthcare provisions in most major cities, the rural and the more native, small areas remain unchanged by these benefits. Also, not all things big and small warrant a hospital visit. For that particular reason, the idea of health clinics took birth.
WHAT IS A HEALTH CLINIC?
A health clinic is a health care center where the doctors visit at fixed times on pre-decided days. Preventive health services are provided, and curative treatments prescribed. An appointment can be made at the reception for a visit as needed. In case the clinics lack the technology required to treat the ailment, the clinicians or doctors are likely to shift the cases to the nearest hospitals.
HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM HOSPITALS?
While hospitals and clinics are two very different institutions, they both have very similar purposes. Following are the few glaring differences between the two:
- Hospitals are larger establishments with bigger premises, specialist doctors, advanced technology, and better patient to staff ratios.
- While health clinics are versatile and the perfect go-to options when ill, they usually don’t offer inpatient services, therefore chances of overnight admissions there are bleak. If the doctor sees the need for an overnight stay, they are more likely to move the case to a full-fledged hospital for better monitoring and treatment possibilities.
- Most planned procedures (surgeries) get conducted at hospitals.
- In cases of medical emergencies, it is best to go straight to a hospital. Everything from accidents, strokes, heart attacks and many other life-threatening conditions are best dealt with at fully-equipped hospitals.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HEALTHCARE CLINIC?
It is always a matter of comfort and care that makes us choose between a hospital and a clinic. However, following are the times when clinics are explicitly beneficial over a hospital:
- Such clinics are the in-between medical care centers for times when things aren’t too severe or require a hospital visit, but are nonetheless still serious enough to demand professional medical assistance.
- They are widely used for From baby’s first vaccinations to the annual flu shot and all the recommended vaccines before travel, immunizations are best done at such clinics.
- Routine body checkups and other medical care that you might need for overseeing the progress of previous medications. Also, to keep a tab on long-term ailments are also conducted at healthcare clinics.
- It is much easier to get appointments at the clinic than it is to do the same at the hospitals in an urgent bout of illness.
SITUATIONS WHICH REQUIRE SPECIALTY INPATIENT CARE
While hospitals and clinics are excellent care choices in most situations, there are a few circumstances that require specialty care: