How To Use Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree oil is used in home medicine, as it has antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties. We will tell you how to use the oil for cosmetic purposes. So, why do you need tea tree oil? And most importantly – how to choose a real essential oil?
Tea tree oil is valuable in the first place because it treats many skin diseases: acne, fat, and rash, dandruff, purulent inflammations. It quickly relieves pain, disinfects the site of the lesion and promotes healing of wounds. Tea tree oil is used only for local treatment. Depending on the problem being solved, the concentration of the fuel varies. For example, 5% oil can be used to treat acne, 10% oil concentration is used to treat excessive sweating of the feet, and 100% concentration is used to treat fungus on the nails.
Apply tea tree oil for the face can be in the form of homemade tonic. For the prevention of oily and combination skin prone to acne, after morning and evening cleansing of the skin, wipe it with plain clean water with the addition of essential oil. To do this, dissolve about 8-10 drops of oil into a quarter glass of warm water and wipe the face with a cotton pad.
How to uses tea tree oil for acne? The simplest and most effective way is proper spot lubrication of each a pimple with a cotton swab 2-3 times a day. This procedure helps to dry the inflammation quickly, prevents their further spread and accelerates the regeneration of damaged cells.
How to whiten your teeth with tea tree oil? To remove tartar and whiten teeth, use this procedure 1-2 times a week: after brushing your teeth with a paste, apply 3-4 drops of tea tree oil to the brush. Brush your teeth again. They will immediately become half a whiter.
To soften and tone up the skin, relieve tension and stress, add ten drops of oil to a bath with warm water. Take this bath no more than 20 minutes.
Tea tree oil strengthens hair well: add 15-20 drops per 500 ml of shampoo directly to shampoo or rub into the scalp after washing. Using a bottle of shampoo with added fat, you can get rid of dandruff: soap your head and hold on the hair for approx. 5 minutes.
Another useful feature of the essential oil of tea tree is the ability to remove increased anxiety in people with the unstable mentality, as well as to improve performance, concentration and relieve fatigue. Use five drops on the oil burner or 15-20 drops per 30 ml of sweet almond oil for body massage.
Side effects and contraindications.
- Do not use tea tree oil during pregnancy and lactation.
- Do not use undiluted tea tree oil for cosmetic purposes. It can cause itching, irritation, and redness on the skin, especially sensitive. For dilution, use other fuels, for example, olive, lavender, cinnamon oil, and rosemary.
- Carry out a tolerance test before use to avoid an allergic reaction: apply some oil on the back of your wrist and wait one hour. Slight reddening of the skin is allowed.
- Take special care when using tea tree oil near the eyes or when rinsing the mouth. Always maintain proper oil concentration.
- Do not apply 100% tea tree oil to skin damaged by burns or allergies.
- Do not take tea tree oil inside.
How To Distinguish Natural Oil From Synthetic To The Eye? How To Choose A Real Tea Tree Oil?
Unfortunately, it is practically impossible for a specialist to determine the quality of the essential oil on their own. But knowing some of the nuances, you can protect yourself from buying fakes.
- There are plants from which you can get essential oil: citrus fruits, flowers of flower crops (narcissus, hyacinth), coniferous trees (pine, fir, cedar, larch), umbrella-like (coriander, cumin, anise, fennel, dill), sponge (mint, lavender, clary sage), Rosacea (essential rose), geranium – pink geranium (pelargonium), amaryllis – tuberose, myrtle – eucalyptus lemon and plants from which essential oils do not produce: aloe, apple color, lilac, liliaceous, peach, apricot, linden, lotus, magnolia, fern, coconut, mango, banana, strawberry, strawberry, kiwi, watermelon, melon, cucumber, etc. Oils with such ingredients contain artificially synthesized fragrances.
- Natural essential oils cannot be cheap and cost the same. Cheaper (about $ 10 for 10 ml of oil) are natural coniferous and citrus oils. They are followed by herbal and floral oils (lavender, geranium, thyme, sage) – $ 20-30 or more for 10 ml. The most expensive – oils of lemon balm, rose, jasmine, enroll. The price for 1 ml can start at $ 50.
- According to international standards, the bottle should be made of dark glass with a dispenser.
- The label should read: “100% natural essential oil” or 100% Essential Oil, Pure Essential Oil, Pure and Natural. The label says that you have a fake if it says: “aromatic oil,” “aroma oil,” “100% aroma oil”, “ecologically pure oil,” “professional aromatherapy oil,” “perfume oil.” Also, on the label must be the botanical name of the plant from which the oil is obtained, the manufacturer and its address, shelf life.
- A proven essential oil manufacturer. You will immediately disappear a lot of unnecessary polls on the quality of essential oil, the safety of its use and purchase.
If you buy cheap essential oils or synthetic bath oils in supermarkets, use them only for flavoring rooms. If you decide to use essential oils for treatment or cosmetic purposes, do not save on yourself. Buy only high-quality and proven products. Take care of your health and beauty. After all, this essential oil not only heals the body but also fills it with vitality and energy!