It is commonly believed that green tea plants were originated in China and the historical events prove this belief. Early Chinese started drinking green tea and soon it became their most favorite drink and now they drink green tea many times during a day in today’s world. Because of its huge health benefits, it soon reached to the neighboring counties such as Taiwan and Japan, but it did not stop there and reached to the faraway lands such as Russia and India.
Benefits of Green Tea
- It improves overall health.
- it improves mental abilities.
- It helps in weight loss process as well as removes cellulite.
- It lowers the risk of many types of cancers like breast, prostate and colorectal cancer.
- It also reduces the risk of diabetes.
Is it Possible to Grow Green Tea Plant at Home?
Yes, it is, and you can even grow it in the backyard of your house as it does not grow too taller and the saplings are also available in some places. In fact, this is really a very good idea to pick young and fresh leaves of plant growing in your own house which will surely be great in making fresh brew.
4 Things to Consider in Order to Make Green Tea’s Taste Better
If you want to know how to make green tea’s taste better, you should remember the following 4 important things
- Water quality
- Tea quality
If you miss out any of these four important factors, you might miss the better taste. For a perfect cup, you had better use pure, cleaned and filtered water as normal water, which is supplied to your house from the water distribution department in your country, might have some chemicals which will spoil its taste. Secondly, the high quality of tea will actually make you an awesome drink.
Basic Technique of Tea Making
To make green tea taste good, you need to know some of the basic rules.
- The first thing you should know is that for making a cup of tea, you need 1 tbs or 5 grams of green tea leaves and one cup of water. If you want to make more cups, double the amount of both items accordingly. For instance, if you want to prepare two cups of tea, you need to have 2 tbs of tea leaves and 2 cups of water.
- Now put both the items of required amount in tea strainer, fill water in a pan or pot and turn on heat about 180° F.
- Once the water reach near boiling point, get your empty mug and put the strainer or sieve filled with tea leaves on the mug and then pour heated water on the strainer. You can steep tea leaves for 2 minutes or maximum 3 minutes, but don’t steep more than 3 minutes or you will make your tea taste bitter rather than better.
- Pull out the strainer but don’t hurry, let your tea cool for a few seconds and then drink yourself and serve others too with the tasteful green tea prepared by you.
If you want to know how to make green tea with tea bags, you can buy tea bags and read the instruction written on the package carefully.