Pregnancy is such a blissful stage in a woman’s life, but it demands extreme care as well such as you always make sure that you wear comfortable clothes during pregnancy and don’t get in too much of exciting activities. Pregnancy is a beautiful time in any woman’s life, so don’t ruin it with small issues.
Early Trimester Tips
- Consume a lot of water as dehydrating yourself for long hours is not good for health.
- Try to take rest as it is required in early days.
- Consult a doctor on regular basis.
- Keep a track of your baby’s growth.
- Wear comfortable shoes that do not hurt your feet.
- Since you body gains a lot of weight in the second trimester, so it is recommended to walk and run on a flat surface.
- Wear comfortable shoes with good grip as due to increased body weight, chances of slips increase.
- Try running on a track.
- If somehow you slip, try to hold yourself back or move sideways so that your abdomen is not affected.
Activities to Avoid
- Don’t lie flat, especially after 16 weeks because your blood vessels contract by doing so that can make you feel faint.
- Avoid contact sports like kickboxing, judo, etc. as they may have a chance of you getting hit.
- Avoid taking part in horse riding, skiing or any such sports where there is a risk of you falling or getting hurt.
- Avoid scuba diving because an unborn baby has no immune system against decompressed areas and even against air bubbles in tummy and this may cause immediate death of fetus.
- Avoid higher altitudes and don’t travel 2500m above sea level.
Exercises to Adopt During Pregnancy
Following are some of the workout practices that will make your pregnancy easier. Try making the best use of them so that your stomach strengthens and your backbone remains at ease and also the blood circulation in your body remains intact.
Strengthen Your Stomach
As your body weight increases, the hollow area in stomach also increases which may result in back ache. So try some of these exercise patterns for your health.
- Sit in a box position
- Put your feet under your hips and arms under abdomen
- Lift your stomach up so that there is a gap between your hips and feet
- Keep your head straight and do not bend your back.
- Try this position for 10 times at least
- Do not overdo it as you may get tired in the end.
Pelvic Tilt Workout
- Sit straight by the side of a wall
- Hold your back against the wall
- Let your head touch the wall
- Slowly bring your stomach forward and then stretch it backwards towards the wall and repeat this posture for at least 10 times.
- Do not repeat for more than 10 times if it is hurting your muscles.
- Stomach during pregnancy is a very sensitive area, so make sure you are not doing too many strenuous stretches.
Pelvic is the area that is very important during childbirth. If muscles of this area are not strong enough, you may find it difficult to deliver a baby. There is a very useful exercise that can help you strengthen pelvic area; hence, you can deliver the baby without much hassle. You can do this anytime and anywhere and here is what you need to do;
- Sit properly and contract your anal area.
- Hold back your pelvic muscles along.
- Contract and count till ten.
- Repeat a set of eight for three times a day.
- Remember it with every meal routine so that you can easily do it.
This exercise is very helpful for sensitive mothers who do not have strong stomach walls and do not have the stamina to bear all that pain. It will be helpful in keeping them strong during delivery.